Scientists examined and quantified Lactium® activity and efficacy on rats. They also tested Lactium on rats to see if it induced any of the side effects usually observed. Finally, in human clinical trials, Ingredia tested the Lactium stress-relieving effects on healthy subjects. These studies were made according to Good Clinical Practice guidelines in agreement with official ethical committees.
Results of Animal Studies:
- Anti-stress efficacy confirmed
- No side effects observed
- No toxic effects observed
- No weight variation
- 5 studies on 190 healthy volunteers
- anti-stress efficacy confirmed at 150 mg/day
Tests and Measures used in the Studies:
- Psychometric tests: Cattell's and Spielberger's anxiety scale
- Mental provoked stress: Stroop test, attention-concentration test and Pacaud's mental rapidity test
- Physical provoked stress: Cold pressor test
- Hormonal assays: Cortisol and ACTH
- Cardiovascular parameters: Blood pressure, heart rate
Lactium Anti-Stress Efficacy on Stressed Women
This double-blind, cross-over study was carried out on 63 female volunteers -- 150 mg/day.
A significantly greater positive evolution of stress symptoms in five different areas was demonstrated in the group taking Lactium compared to the one taking the placebo: digestive (+ 29.5%), cardiovascular (+ 12.5%), intellectual (+ 28.1%), emotional (+20.3%) and social (+ 14.2%).
Lactium, at a dose of 150 mg/day, was particularly efficient for subjects who demonstrated the highest initial intensity of symptoms. This was true after a 15- and 30-day treatment.
• Scientifically Tested
• No toxic side effects
• No known side effects
• No weight gain or loss
• 150 mg/day